Planning to sell your home in 2014?
Before putting your home on the market to sell, check out our 5 helpful tips you can do to make your home sell faster than you had imagined.
Ever wonder how some homes sell very quickly and others sit on the market for months after months? Most of the time it is a matter of how well the home presents itself. When putting your home on the market to sell, follow these tips:
- The First Impression – What a potential buyer first sees when they pull up to your home will set the tone for their decision to buy your home. A home that looks well taken care of on the outside usually means it is also well taken care of on the inside. Make sure the paint isn’t chipping, the bushes are cut back and all the plants look green and healthy. These minor touches to your home’s curb appeal will increase the chances it will sell faster.
- Complete All Repairs – Get all those small projects you’ve been putting off done such as a leaky faucet, chipped paint, etc. Fix or replace any light fixtures that need updating and change out any light bulbs that may be burned out before you list your home to sell.
- Declutter And Stage – Taking all your personal items and pictures out of your home before you sell will help a potential buyer picture themselves living in your home. Your goals should be to make your home look as if it were a model home and ready for a photo shoot.
- Price Your Home – Find out what the market value for your home is by getting it appraised. Check out listings in your area that are comparable and decide on the price you want to sell at that way. You don’t want to set the price too high or too low. Ask for help from your Realtor when you go to sell your home to know what price to set it at.
- Tell Friends And Family – Let your friends and family know you are selling your home before it even goes on the market. Post on Facebook that you are going to sell your home. Word of mouth is a great way to let others know your home is for sale.