Preparing to sell your home during a buyers market?
Before putting your home up for sale, it is important to make the necessary adjustments to make sure your home sells for the price you want in a buyers market.
The following are some helpful tips from The Lawhead Team on selling your home for top dollar in a buyers market:
- First and foremost, what is your home worth? It is important to find a Realtor® who works the market in the area you are looking. If you are looking at North San Diego County, The Lawhead Team can help! You can look online to see what homes in the area are selling for but remember while selling prices are public, seller concessions are not.
- Housing markets change and are different depending on the area you are in. In a buyers market what you need to find out is the demand for a house like yours in your area. What are pricing trends?
- Who is buying and selling in your area? It is important to find out what your competition is in a buyers market, who are the buyers and why are they shopping.
- Get an appraisal from a certified professional appraiser. It is important to look at your comparables as well and together they can give you a very good idea of what your home is currently worth before listing it in a buyers market.
- Is now the best time to sell? While it is difficult (next to impossible) to predict the market, you may want to decide if waiting a few months to put your home on the market may be advantageous when it comes to getting the most for your home. You also want to make sure that once you sell your home it makes sense to buy another home in the desired location you are looking during a buyers market.