The latest for North County San Diego’s Condos and Town-homes.
The Lawhead Team would like to share the HomeDex Report’s latest for single family attached homes, such as town-homes and condos, in San Diego’s North County.
- The North San Diego County median-priced single-family attached (SFA) home increased nearly 5.9 percent, to $353,000 in July 2013 from $333,450 in June 2013. Non-North San Diego County SFA home median price increased 3.51 percent, from $285,000 in June 2013 to $295,000 in July 2013.
- North San Diego County town-homes and condos median price increased 33.21 percent year-over, compared to $265,000 in July 2012, an eight month trend of year-over price increases exceeding 20 percent. Non-North County SFA median year-over price increased 34.09 percent, compared to $220,000 in July 2012.
- San Diego County condos and town-homes’ median price increased 6.48 percent, from $301,000 in June 2013 to $320,500 in July 2013. Year-over county median price increased 36.41 percent compared to July 2012.
- The median number of days-on-market for North County condos and town-homes sold increased, to 16 days in July 2013 from 14 days in June 2013. The average number of days-on-market decreased, from 39 days in June 2013 to 35 days in July 2013.
- The number of sold SFA units increased 5.56 percent from June 2103 to July 2013, and the number of sold SFA units in non-North County Zip Codes increased 11.07 percent from June 2013 to July 2013.
- Year-over SFA sales in North San Diego County jumped 31.03 percent, compared to July 2012. Non-North County year-over sold units increased 23.53, compared to July 2012.
- Condos and town-home listings (active and contingent) in North San Diego County increased 3.59 percent in July 2013 from June 2013, but decreased 37.19 percent year-over from July 2012. San Diego County SFA listings (active and contingent) increased about 6.3 percent in July 2013 from June 2013, and decreased 28.61 percent yearover compared to July 2012.
Housing Affordability – Single-Family Attached Homes
- The monthly payment – including principal, interest, property taxes, and insurance – for the median-priced SFA home in North County increased, from $1,564 in June 2013 to $1,679 in July 2013. The monthly payment for the median-priced SFA home in non-North San Diego County zip codes increased, from $1,336 in June 2013 to $1,403 in July 2013.
- The percent of San Diego County households able to afford the median-priced condos or town-homes in North County decreased, to 50 percent in July 2013 from 53 percent in June 2013.
- The SFA home affordability level for non-North San Diego County zip codes decreased, from 60 percent in June 2013 to 58 percent in July 2013.
- 60 percent of county households were able to afford the median-priced SFA home in North San Diego County in July 2012, and 75 percent were able to afford the median-priced SFA home in non-North County zip codes.