Cleaning tips we can all use.
Everyone loves a clean house but sometimes it is close to impossible to keep up with the cleaning.
Check out our 10 tips to a cleaner home with minimal effort and time:
- Clean dishes as you make dinner. Fill your sink with hot soapy water and add dishes and pans to the sink as you make dinner. While you eat, they will be soaking making it much easier when it comes to cleaning them up.
- Make a circle in the kitchen to clean. Start to the right of your stove and move clockwise around the room. The stove is usually the dirtiest part of the kitchen so ending with that keeps you from spreading dirt and grease.
- Clean up your glass shower doors. Rub a teaspoon of lemon oil on glass shower doors twice a month to help water to bead up and roll off.
- Use a drain cleaner to unclog any slow draining sinks or showers. On a regular basis pour boiling water down the drains to keep your area problem free.
- While your kids wash up at night, start cleaning up the bathroom. Wipe the tub, toilet and mirrors and toss out any clutter. Once they are done with the sink, wipe that down too.
- Use two separate brooms when cleaning – one for indoors and one for outdoors. For inside, choose a broom with finer bristles to pick up smaller dirt particles. A stronger and stiffer bristled broom is better outside for porous surfaces.
- Eliminate dust bunnies from being swept up in a dust pan by finding a dust pan with a rubber edge.
- When you wake up in the morning, make your bed first thing! A made up bed makes your bedroom look much cleaner and well-kept.
- Kitchen sponges are a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Disinfect yours every night by squeezing it out and microwaving it on high for a minute. If it is smelly, it is time to replace it – no point in cleaning it.
- Clean top to bottom. If any crumbs or dust on the counter and table fall, they will be swept up when cleaning your floor.