Keep your home safe from burglars!
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest “One Cool Thing” about burglars and how to keep your home safe from them:
Home burglary generally has a pattern: criminals looking for an easy target they can rob fast. Career burglars shared this information to help you prevent break-ins.
- Weekdays, between 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. are the most popular times for break-ins. The last thing criminals want is to encounter someone at home and weekend schedules are too unpredictable.
- Criminals scout public social media accounts to find victims. Locating someone’s home address using basic information from their social media profile is surprisingly easy.
- Tall bushes are favorites of burglars since they offer an obstructed view from the street and an easy way to hide from neighbors. So, keep your shrubs and large landscaping features trimmed.
- Unlocked windows, unused deadbolts, poorly lit homes, and residences without security systems are prime targets for thieves.
- Keep your expensive items out of sight. Leaving your MacBook in front of your kitchen window is making it too easy for a burglar.
Source: California Association of Realtors and RISMedia’s Housecall