Have you considered selling your home?
The Lawhead Team would like the share the latest One Cool Thing about The Affordability Squeeze and selling your home.
Home price are up, but many homeowners who have considered selling are deciding not to because they are caught in an affordability squeeze that is compounded by a lack of inventory.
- 35% of homeowners have considered selling their home in the past year
- 64% of that share is reluctant to sell because they are finding they can’t afford the home they really want
- 59% of homeowners have not seriously considered selling their home in the past year
- 60% of those who haven’t considered selling say their current will be their retirement residence
That figure goes up to 70% for those who have been in their home for 15 years
WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR
- 56% of homeowners who have considered selling said they desire a larger home
Source: C.A.R. 2015 Survey of California Homeowners